Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Musing My Sin

Who says what they mean and means what they say?
There are none who can save me from what I have said,
Not tomorrow, not now, not even yesterday.

How long does it take to fall from a friend whose loved me
Through so many times before? In a moment its lost,
Forget is worth fighting for, like a whore trying to reach through
Heaven's door. What's lost is lost in feelings and penalty,
The world's condemnation I carry a curse.

Where's the grave to lay me down, the earth to cover,
The pain and shame I brought to others. The hurt,
The betrayal of wicked words, it lurks, it lurks,
It hurts my soul, and will follow me still to lonely trails.

Whose to say what life is for? All the grief of God
In creating humanity, all the grief of men
All the vanity is vanity
Solomon's words manifest my reality

Did God mean what he said
To old prophets those sinners lying in waste
For in my mouth I taste and hate
The words of promise, only to wait dead

No comments: